MOCA’s guided programs are designed to enrich classroom learning in the arts, social studies, civics and government. Through an interdisciplinary and inquiry-based approach, each school program reinforces essential concepts and skills found in the New York State Social Studies Core Curriculum. Each school program lasts 75 minutes, is led by a museum educator and includes directed discussions, exploration of the exhibit and hands-on activities to allow students to experience history from original sources.
Arrange a Guided Program
To arrange a guided gallery program or walking tour (minimum of 8 people) for school groups, please click here to book online. A member of our Education team will get back to you promptly!
School and Community Groups with Disabilities
Our tours and educational programs are modified to meet the needs of your group. To schedule a group visit and to request accomodations and services (at least 4 weeks advance notice recommended), please call (212) 619-4785 or email email@example.com. Examples of offerings include:
- Enhanced sensory tours for students with developmental or learning disabilities
- Modified school programs
- Workshops for individuals with developmental or learning disabilities
- Verbal Description/Touch Tours
- Large Print and Visual Aids
- Assistive listening devices
- American Sign Language interpretation
If you have any additional questions, please direct them towards firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guided Group Visit Fees Per Participant:
$3/NYC DOE Title 1 School
$6/NYC Public School/CUNY/SUNY
$10/Independent and Out of State Schools (K-12)
$12/College and University Students
$16+/Weekends, evenings, private tours & customized experiences
Please click here for Adult and Senior Guided Group Visits.
Self-guided groups of 10 or more must call (855) 955-MOCA or email email@example.com at least one week in advance for availability and receive a confirmation letter from the Education Department. Self-guided groups may be accommodated Tuesdays through Sundays depending on availability. If the Museum is at capacity, groups will be asked to standby until staff can ensure visitor safety.
$10.00 per adult
$5.00 per student (K-College) or senior (65+)
Group Visit Information
For detailed directions on how to get to MOCA, suggestions for places to eat, and group reservation policies, download the Group Visit Information sheet.
Group Reservation Policies
• Please note that submitting a request for a visit is not a confirmation of your reservation.
• Reservations for groups must be made at least four weeks in advance.
• Minimum of 8 and maximum of 25 people per timeslot. If your group is larger than 25 (or 15 for walking tours), we ask that you make arrangements to divide your group and schedule two (or more) separate visits. Additional educators may require an additional charge.
• For groups with special needs, please contact the Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding programs and policies.
• A deposit of $30 per scheduled program is required to secure your reservation and must be paid with a credit card.
• If we do not receive your deposit one week prior to your visit, we reserve the right to cancel your group visit.
• If your group must cancel its visit, the museum requires a minimum of 3 business days advance notice, or your deposit will be forfeited.
• If your group number changes, please be sure to contact the Education Department no later than one week before your trip in order to secure your reservation.
• Please arrive ON TIME to the Museum. Late arriving groups will miss all or part of their program in order to respect our Museum scheduling. If your group is more than 10 minutes early, you will be asked to wait in the lobby until your reservation time.
• Upon arrival, the group leader should check in at the front desk, while the group waits quietly outside or in the lobby. Please keep clear of the main entrance.
• For student groups, please have no more than 5 students visit the museum store at once.
• In case of severe weather, the Museum reserves the right to reschedule or change a program.
• We accept checks, cash and credit cards for payment. Please make checks payable to ‘Museum of Chinese in America’. Please note: If your school issues a check for the total amount of your visit, it is non-refundable.