Adult and Senior Group Tours
MOCA offers guided gallery and walking tours for groups of 8 or more people. Each tour is designed to encourage visitors to engage with the Museum's exhibits and learn about the history of the local neighborhood, while engaging in dialogue and connecting with their personal experiences.
Reservations must be made at least 4 weeks in advance.
To arrange a guided tour for adult or senior groups, please click HERE.
**School and University Groups: Click here to arrange a guided group tour for your class. Should you have any additional questions, please email email@example.com**
Guided Gallery Tour Group Rates (effective summer 2016): $12/Adult; $6/Senior (65+)
Guided Walking Tour Group Rates (effective summer 2016): $20/Adult; $18/Senior (65+)
Guided Gallery & Walking Tour Combo Group Rates (effective summer 2016): $30/Adult; $22/Senior (65+)
With any type of tour for adult and senior groups, MOCA can arrange a dim sum lunch for the group at a local restaurant. Please inquire about this tour add-on when you book your tour. Note that the dim sum add-on is not available for school groups.
10:00 am Museum Highlights Tour
11:00 am Chinatown Walking Tour
12:30 pm Dim Sum Lunch at local restaurant
Museum Highlights Tour
This tour highlights the major themes of MOCA’s core exhibition, With a Single Step: Stories in the Making of America and explores how Maya Lin’s design of the museum environment informs the museum’s approach to this unique historical content. Tour Length: approx. 45 minutes.
Chinatown Walking Tour
Each tour starts with MOCA’s favorite local sponge cake! Through places, people, and stories, uncover the history and culture of this living neighborhood from its origins as a Native American village to one of one of the fastest growing immigrant communities of present day New York City. Tour Length: approx. 75 minutes.
From Coffeehouses to Banquet Halls Walking Tour
This walking tour traces the evolution of eateries in Chinatown, highlighting stories of diversity—the flavors of China’s regional cuisines converging in New York City; stories of legacy—Chinatown’s sons and daughters who grew up to be entrepreneurs and restaurateurs; and stories of evolution—a constant weaving between the classic and modern, the old and the new. Tour Length: approx. 75 minutes.
Group Reservation Policies
• Please note that submitting a request for a visit is not a confirmation of your reservation.
• Reservations for groups must be made at least four weeks in advance.
• Minimum of 8 and maximum of 25 people per timeslot. If your group is larger than 25 (or 15 for walking tours), we ask that you make arrangements to divide your group and schedule two (or more) separate visits. Additional guides may require an additional charge.
• For groups with special needs, please contact the Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding programs and policies.
• A deposit of $30 per scheduled tour is required to secure your reservation and must be paid with a credit card.
• If we do not receive your deposit one week prior to your visit, we reserve the right to cancel your group visit.
• If your group must cancel its visit, the museum requires a minimum of 3 business days advance notice, or your deposit will be forfeited.
• If your group number changes, please be sure to contact us no later than one week before your trip in order to secure your reservation.
• In case of severe weather, the Museum reserves the right to reschedule or change a program.
• We accept checks, cash and credit cards for payment. Please make checks payable to ‘Museum of Chinese in America’.