Museum of Chinese in America (MOCA)’s Communications and Graphic Design Internship offers undergraduate students or graduate students opportunities to acquire practical skills and experience in expanding public awareness of MOCA.
Learn how to hone media relations skills, organize press conferences, execute media campaigns, and produce eye-catching, effective promotional materials. The intern will participate in media campaigns for the Museum’s exhibitions, programs, and fundraising campaigns. Projects will be assigned depending on the skills and experience of the intern.
• Assist with implementation of media outreach campaigns, web content development, and social media engagement
• Create marketing materials for upcoming programs, such as e-blasts, website text, flyers, etc.
• Create and edit video content as needed
• Research deadlines for print and digital media opportunities
• Monitor social media engagement and event listing opportunities
• Maintain and update media contacts database
• Research publications for pitches
• Support and organize press previews and conferences
• Excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment; handle multiple tasks at once; and adhere to deadlines
• Demonstrated interest in digital communications (i.e. website marketing, social media)
• Ability to conduct Internet research
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with video editing software
• An interest in Asian-American history and communities is preferred