Consider a gift to MOCA today!
Dear MOCA Friends,
For 41 years, the Museum of Chinese in America has been an inclusive, safe space that champions the precious yet less known and celebrated journeys of Americans of Chinese ancestry. MOCA has faced multiple crises since 2020: a 5-alarm fire at 70 Mulberry Street that nearly destroyed its archives, the coronavirus pandemic that led to temporarily shuttering the Museum’s physical space, the resurgence of racism against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, and heightened tensions between the U.S. and China creating fear and instability within Chinese American communities. Through it all, MOCA has pivoted, adapted, and risen to each challenge. Thank you for your encouragement and support.
We celebrate every gift and every philanthropist no matter the size. Philanthropy is voice. Gifts to the Annual Fund go where they are needed most, enabling MOCA to stay true to its mission by providing an inspiring visitor experience. Your donation will:
● Allow MOCA to continue creating MOCA Heroes, the Museum’s free, downloadable educational magazines about Chinese American heroes such as Jerry Yang and Tyrus Wong. Take a peak at current MOCA Heroes magazines targeted to 4th-5th graders on Yung Wing, Chinese Railroad Workers, and Maya Lin. Find them here.
● Allow MOCA to continue hosting weekly educational activities virtually, and week-long virtual and in-person family festivals such as Lunar New Year Family Festival, Mid-Autumn Moon Festival, and Dragon Boat Festival.
● Allow MOCA to continue organizing FREE public programs such as MOCA Teahouse Reading Club and the MOCA Spotlight Series.
● Allow MOCA to continue offering FREE admission in 2022.
MOCA’s work is urgently needed now more than ever. If you are moved by MOCA’s 41-year journey, we hope you’ll consider making a gift to support our Annual Fund and become part of a continuing lifeline for MOCA. Your generosity is critical to MOCA’s future. Your donation is 100% tax-deductible and every dollar (or crypto) goes towards strengthening MOCA’s core mission. Your contribution will help sustain our beloved institution and supports the creation of new programming that will bring comfort and inspiration to more communities. And we hope you stay safe and healthy during this unprecedented time.
With sincere gratitude,
Nancy Yao Maasbach, President, and the MOCA Team
MOCA has started accepting donations in the following cryptocurrencies:
● Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Amp (AMP), Basic Attention Token (BAT), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), ChainLink (LINK), Dai (DAI), Dogecoin (DOGE), The Graph (GRT), Gemini Dollar (GUSD), Litecoin (LTC), Storj (STORJ), UMA (UMA), Zcash (ZEC), 0x (ZRX) and 1inch (1INCH) and more!
Crypto-Philanthropy is a burgeoning industry with endless impact potential and we are proud to be on the forefront of it in the name of our mission.
By accepting cryptocurrencies, MOCA is offering supporters with cryptocurrency portfolios the ability to support the organization in a tax efficient way. The IRS classifies cryptocurrency donations as property, meaning they are not subject to capital gains tax and are tax deductible on the donor’s tax returns.
MOCA is partnering with The Giving Block, leaders in equipping nonprofits with the tools and techniques to effectively fundraise with cryptocurrency.
Visit here to learn more and donate cryptocurrency!