The Exhibitions and Curation Internship at Museum of Chinese in America (MOCA) offers an opportunity for college students and recent graduates interested in Chinese American history, contemporary art, and museum administration to build skills related to those fields.
The intern will provide day to day support to the curatorial staff. Main tasks include:
• Organize and manage exhibition content
• Draft and edit exhibition text
• Negotiate loans and image rights
• Monitor and maintain galleries
• Assist with administration and archiving
• A college/graduate student or recent graduate in History, Art History, Sociology, Ethnic Studies, Museum Studies or similar fields with excellent research skills and strong writing and communication abilities
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Interested in museum and curatorial practice
• Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Chinese language literacy is desired, but not required.